What made us think that we were wise and we'd never compromise.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

21 years.

It's coming to the year end again and even as I relish in the thought of growing another year older (not) and wiser (please), I get the old feelings of reminiscence again. Mistakes I've made. The things I can't change but can learn from. Mistakes others have made.

It's one of those milestone stepping stones you know? I'm all out for small stepping stones. But sometimes you come to more important crossroads. They come eventually. And like it or not, we all gotta face them. Like it or not.

And as much as I love taking one day at a time, I can't help worrying about the future. It's still hazy. Even after all this time. I love clarity. I guess it comes with the package of growing up and not wanting someone else to tell you what to do.

Am I ready? Are you? This is what slogging all those hours on studies have prepared us for. You better be. Well, I better be anyway. Hold your head high, girl. Never compromise your virtues and what you morally believe is right. One confident foot in front of the other. And, be a little thick skin.  Cause the world is going to throw stones at you. People are not going to like everything about you. It's so hard to please the world. 6 billion people. Impossible in fact. Even the treasured loved ones.

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." 
 Bob Marley

It's hard, but it's life. Oh boy is it hard.

For the life of me I cannot remember 
What made us think that we were wise and we'd never compromise
- The Freshmen by The Verve Pipe

But I am open to listen. I don't always have to agree. But I'll listen. And do my best not to be judgmental. I promise. I'm not as street smart as I wish I am to refute every view. But, I can learn. If you are willing to teach. And not judge me in the process.

For the life of me I cannot believe we'd ever die for these sins 
We were merely freshmen
- The Freshmen by The Verve Pipe

I'm young. But not stupid. My gut is still in tact. A little naive. But somehow, I rather be naive than bitter.

"I don't always know the right thing to do, Lord, but I think the fact that I want to please you pleases you."

Amen to that.

2 gave their two cents:

Wern Ching said...

Hey! You're not the only one who's pondering the future with thousands of questions. (: but we would have to come in terms with it in the near future. it's just so scary for me sometimes.

but you go girl! :D

Sara said...

Thanks dear :) I know. We'll deal with the problems of the world together-gether ok? Hope you're doing find back home :) Loveee!

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger