Weird Urges...

Saturday, February 11, 2006

I just realised something.

I never thought much of it before but I realise that after watching movies based on classic novels, I would suddenly have the urge to read the novel. Weird I know but I can't help it. However, the urge does go away after a while. I guess my laziness does play a part in it. I really don't want to read classics. Too many thees and thous.

I watched pride and prejudice recently. Gotta say it wasn't half bad. But then you would have to be the rom- com kinda person, like me, to like it. I had the urge to read this book. It went away after, uh, 3 days I think. Thank god. :)





I watched A Christmas Carol- The Musical last christmas and I lovedddd it. Then again I've always loved musicals. I have always wanted to read this book. I even borrowed it from the library as I would never buy it. Its currently sitting on my table. Untouched (See what I mean?). It will be. Soon, I hope.



I can't remember when was the exact year I watched this movie. I was way younger then. Thus, more naive. I loved the movie and even back then I didn't notice that I had this weird urge. I bought the book. Yup, I sooooo did. And guess what? It was the non-condensed version. No wonder why it is still sitting in my bookshelf/display cabinet collecting dust. Loads of dust. I'll probably read it one day. Maybe when I'm 70 years old and I have run out of books to read. If I even live that long...

PS: There were many versions of this movie so I can't exactly pinpoint the one I watched. Oh well. This poster looked the best out of the ones I found anyway. Btw, if you get the chance, watch it.Its seriously a good movie.



Stangely, I read this book before I watched the movie. The condensed version of course. I learned my lesson after reading 5 lines of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre and didn't understand a single sentence. I didn't mind the book but I wasn't really into the movie. Winona Ryder and Kirsten Dunst star in this movie btw. But I guess you guys already know that. : P



Apparently this is the latest promo picture for the latest Oliver Twist movie. I didn't watch this version however. I watched the one which Elijah Wood starred in. I also found out not too long ago that he acted in that movie. I think the boy who acted in that version of Oliver Wood is sooo cute but I can't remember his name at the moment.Hahah.. Who can forget the classic "May I have some more? " line.. I found the musical in Genting entertaining as well. I don't remember having the urge to read this book strangely. Oh well.














Anyway, there you have it. My weird little urges. Hope you guys didn't fall asleep reading this. :D

1 gave their two cents:

Anonymous said...

SAAARRAAA!! I CAN'T PRIDE N PREJUDICE!!!! ='( Y LAH??!?!?SO SAD LAH!! I WANNA C MY CUTE GUY!! Lil women nice ah?i got the cd lah,but nvr watch cuz it looks boring =) yeah,christmas carol is nice lah,so much singing,but not bad lah..oliver twist i oso wanna watch,out aledi rite?? lets go watch..haha..dun want lah..u go dvd then let me watch lah,but plz make sure i can watch one lah..haha..

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger