Friday, March 10, 2006

It rained really hard yesterday. Understatement of the year that was. Yours truly was snoozing away so I can't provide much info. Honestly, my mum says that the even if the world comes to an end I would still be sleeping..Hehe. So anyway, I woke up right after the thunderstorm was over and had to deal with the millions of stories I heard.

Apparently trees were swaying from left to right, the wind was so strong that you could hear it, things were flying everywhere e.g. dustbin covers , sticks, and in one special case, an astro aerial...Must have been really strong. My cousin's house had no electricity for a good 6 hours at least, I think because the trees fell on the cables. Went for tuition that night and had a REALLY good look at the destruction the thunderstorm (some claim it was a mini tornado) caused. Everywhere you look trees were uprooted and the trail of destruction was unbelievable. Apparently the whole of Subang Jaya and parts of USJ was struck by this force of mother nature. Whoa she must be angry.

On the way to tuition, you could see that the wind was so strong that many a trees were blown to the side of the road. Some trees looked so funny because the tops of the trees were bending to one side. Not really a laughing matter but then... Passed this kindergarten where this huge tree right beside the kindie totally uprooted and fell into the kindergarten's compound. Even their gate was blocked.

My school wasn't spared though. Much of the zink roofs flew off and apparently damaged a few teachers' cars. The afternoon session students were let out early as a result. My class looked like a tornado really struck it. Papers were practically ripped from the boards and some chairs were blown out the back door. So we, as the students who love the school so much had to clean up the school compound. And school was cancelled for the afternoon session students. Something doesn't sound right here...

15 minutes later.....

I tried to upload some of the pictures I took but yet again my blogger ain't working. This sucks. I'll upload later k?

Off to penang now..



1 gave their two cents:

Anonymous said...

u didnt mention bout the pictures u took with andre pun!.. ooops, sorry, its been a while since i tease u with him.. oh well, this is the last time im gonna tease u.. happy holidays!!! im gonna miss u!!! luve u!!!

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger