Monash Cultural Night '08

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Apparently, the Monash Cultural Night is the biggest social event in the Monash student calender. This event is organised by MUISS (Monash University International Student Services) every year. Guess it still takes international students to show us a good time huh? Oh well. We'll get there. Malaysia Boleh, right? For the record, the emcees who were Malaysians except for one were not too bad. At least they looked good. Anyway, I'll leave the pics to do the talking. Did not take too many pics as my cam was kinda full. Check out Facebook for more.

I had a great time minus the bad organising of food. Of course I was with my babes. Yeah and someone couldn't make it. For the record, there were TONS of cute guys :) Just didn't manage to snap their pics for you :(

In advance, I'm sorry for the bad pics. I've never been handy taking pictures when people are moving :(

Theme was Colours of the World.

Awesome light show to get the crowd in the mood.

Dikir Barat. Malaysian performance with drums, clapping and singing.

Shoro Ritu. Traditional dance from Bangladesh.

OOOO.These girls were hot. Obviously they were working the crowd. Folk dance from Bangladesh.

Flavours of India. An Indian contemporary dance. They were one of the highlights of the night.

London School of Economics. No joking. Thats the band's name. Maybe they are all aiming to go there. They weren't half bad la.

Capoeira School. Brazilian blend of martial arts and dance. They were so fast my cam just couldn't take much more :(

Indonesian Youth Society. Saman dance from Indonesia.

Shradda. Singer who sang in Spanish.

Haha. Now here's a story. Albeit a little inconsequential for those who don't know him. He used to be my ex-school mate. But he probably doesn't remember me. I was never one of the popular kids and he was. So yeah, we never knew he had a voice and I seriously remember his voice as whiny. Surprisingly, he was not half bad. And he looks better since the last time I saw him. Oh, he's Aiman Hakim btw for those not from SS17.

Camwhore time!!! Mae, Lene, Me.

Mae and Lene.

Them again. I so nice la.

Mae, Me, Lene.

Evelyn and I.

Lene and I.

Ok ok. Sorry for the blurry pics and all. And there were seriously waaaay more performances than that. I was just tooo lazy to snap. I just enjoyed myself :D I paid for it! And I didn't even get my food :( Oh well. There was a great fashion show as well. Yup, no pics of that either. Will try to get them from friends later. The best performance went to a Persian band called Guitaraf. The international kids sure know how to liven things up :) Kudos to them for trying to fit in. And give US Malaysians a swell time as well. By the time I left, I was dead tired and half deaf because of all the screaming and cat calls. Yes, all the hot girls get all the attention. And people like me get the pain in the ears :(

Anyway, I had a great time with great friends and company.

0 gave their two cents:

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger