I Wonder....

Sunday, November 20, 2005

A few days ago,out of utter boredom,I picked up my sister's K-zone mag and flipped through it.You might be surprised,but there ARE some fun stuff to read about.Aih,I also picked up the mag because Harry Potter was on the cover la.I'm a sucker for these kind of things.Hahah.

As I was saying,they had this article full of crazy Guinness World Records stuff.Just a few things that I found quite amusing if not weird la.........

::The DB Double Truffle Burger at Bistro Moderne in NYC,USA will cost you RM 440!!....I wonder who in their right mind will wanna fish out RM 440 for a burger la.I can get a burger for RM 5 at McD's man!

::Walk into the Kai Mayfair restaurant in London,England and you'd better make sure you're cashed up.A bowl of soup will cost you RM 690!....I wonder what can possibly be in that soup..

::The ice cream sundae in the Serendipity 3 restaurant in NYC costs RM 3660!It's the world's most expensive sundae and is covered in edible gold leaf.Food with bling-bling on it!....I wonder if it is actually worth THAT much la.Man,I can feel the hole in my pocket just thinking about spending that much on ice cream....

::A simple omelette takes a couple of eggs, a splash of milk and maybe a little cheese and some chives.BUT the Zillion Dollar Lobster Frittata at Le Parker Meridien Hotel in NYC is a cool Rm 3660!!...I won der if it is worth spending that much money on EGGS la..Did they add a whole lobster or something into the omelette?..

::An Englishman named Anthony Baskeyfield paid RM 3790 for a single grape and earnt a Guinness World Record for the most expensive piece of fruit ever bought....Sounds to me like its the rip-off of the century..

::A fan of bugs wandered into a Japanese pet shop and paid a record RM 326,000 for a rare, Giant Stag beetle.At 8 cm long,that's over RM 47,000 per centimetre!!...I personally hate bug and to think that some guy would actually BUY a bug for that much....*shudderss*

::Fancy a game of Monopoly?An 18 carat gold set was made by jewellers in the USA has solid gold houses and hotels with rubbies and sapphires on the chimneys.Even the DICE has has diamonds for spots!The cost?..RM 7.3 million!....Now thats one expensive game to play..And why waste the diamonds on dice for crying out loud!

::A pair of original Gucci 'genious jeans' with fashion-rips in the legs, plus African beading and feathers will cost you RM 11,200!!...I guess looking hot doesn't come cheap..*sigh*

::Top of your day with the world's most expensive bathroom.Found at the back of a Hong Kong jewellery shop,it's got 24 carat gold toilet bowls,washbasins,toilet roll holders, walls and mirror frames,plus a ceiling embedded with precious stones!All for a blingin' RM 12.6 million....I wonder..If thats their TOILET...how much can the jewellery cost?

It is a wonder why some people will spend so much money on such unnecessary things,no?

3 gave their two cents:

Anonymous said...

Aiyoyo..now only u noe K-zone hv interesting in there ah?!?aisay man!!:-D
well,some people dun mind spending so much cuz they r juz simply bling-bling mah..DUH..
About the gold toilet thing.I knew about it long long time ago aledi..I tell u people will not wanna shit in there,they would rather 2 sleep in there.I THINK i would too :-D

Sara said...

Sleep in the toilet.Puhleezzz....I want their bling-bling!

Anonymous said...

only stupid ppl wud spend their money on those expensive stuff la.. they shud give the money to me instead.. hehehe

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger