Thoughts for the Day

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

So......Another day is over.Not a very fruitful one I must say.To me anyway.
I've been feeling rather low these past few days.I really have no idea why.

Anyway....I was reading a rather interesting article today.The topic?
Loving your body.
Well,so the article didn't exactly print that heading, but it's my own rendition of it. Trust me,I actually did read something relating to that.

Ever noticed how nowadays most people,teenagers especially,to name a few,are well,kinda obsessed about the way they look?Not that I'm saying it's a bad thing.BUT some actually go overboard and would do just about ANYTHING to achieve the perfect body.

The article I was reading ,talked about a lady who is a fitness counselor and yet she isn't exactly what you would picture a fitness counselor to look like. Yes,she didn't have the perfect body and the whole package.The article went on about how this lady just didn't care about what other people thought of her as long as she was content with who she is.

Thats the problem nowadays isn't it?People put more emphasis on what they look like on the outside rather than what they put in the inside.

Body conscious people just can't enjoy life to the fullest in my opinion.When you actually count every single calorie you consume in a day,even that small piece of cake or chocolate,then you really need to get a life.

So what if you've put on just the slightest bit of weight?Nobody actually cares la.If they did,then these are the people you shouldn't be mixing with.It only proves that they like you for what you look like on the outside rather than what you portray on the inside.

So ok,peer pressure does play a part in this I suppose.Teenagers just feel pressured to be the perfect person so that they will be accepted by all.But most of them don't actually realise that you can't please everyone.Nobody's perfect.People do tend to find faults in you one way or another.Most of us judge others on how they look on the outside for starters.I mean,come on,we are only humans after all.No point denying it.I am no different.Though,I'm trying to change.

However,if ever you need assurance that there IS someone who loves you for who you are and not how you dress, how you look like on the outside,how poor you are, etc. etc......just remember GOD is always there in your time of need for a friend.His love for us is unconditional even if we don't always take notice of it.Truly.

I,for one,am eternally grateful for his undying love for me.You should feel the same way.=)

7 gave their two cents:

germae said...

Hmmmmm..... Lucky thing you did not include any people examples. Eheh.

Body-conciousness isn't such a bad thing, not till you reach the extreme.
Coming for someone like me, yes. Not that my bod's near perfect, or whatever you call it.
But yala, true oso. If eating makes you happy, why not just eat till your stomach's content?
Right.

Hey, I'm the first.
See you tomorrow...Keep 'em coming baybeh.

Sara said...

thanks for dropping by mae.not like i actually promoted my blog
hehe.
oh i definately wouldn't include any people examples.that would be just so mean!heheh

Anonymous said...

oh.look here come the girl tat juz change her crush girl...huh,Sara??u should noe 1 day,i'll b totally over RED...now,i'm in2 PINK..check out his blog n u'll noe y...

ya,sara i totally agree wit u bout body-concious thingy..4 i noe,i hv so many frenS tat r SO concern bout their weight..talk bout my weight!!!my weight starts wit a 3..not 30!!!is 3000kg..hehe...

Ger,IF ur body is NOT perfect,ur BRAIN is!!!i prefer 2 hv BIG SMART brain like u compare 2 a SLIM BEAUTIFUL body..

Sara said...

thanks adeline.and yes,I won't mention names.

adeline.you really shouldn't jump from one guy to another.it's not good for our health so to say.just a though.hehe=P

Anonymous said...

ha?!?jump 4om 1 guy 2 another is bad 4 health?!?r u sure?!?i noe iu ALWIZ hv backache but u didn't nd say like tat rite?!?u meany!!!huh!!!

Sara said...

as usual jumping to conclusions again adeline.i didn't mean anything by it la.

Anonymous said...

huh!!!!sara,dun study..

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger