Thursday, March 01, 2007

I feel as if a landslide of work has suddenly come crashing down on me. And it sucks to be honest. Usually I strive on being occupied but this is just too much. You know whats worst? Its the fact that I've been doing this assignment for soooo long and yet I feel as if I never really progressed from day one. It kills me to think that I'm not as productive as I thought I was. I guess a reality check is in order right now. I know my priorities ain't straight but I just didn't realize they were sooooo way off track. Things don't get any better when some news come up that seem to crash with what my plans.

Here's the deal. I've got this presentation next Tuesday. I've busted my ass for like the longest of time, seriously putting time into this presentation, and it just may not work out because I have this thing called stage fright. Heard of it? Empathize with me.

Finals are in less than 2 weeks. I haven't started revising. I'm not particularly worried about maths, unless they dock more points for seriously stupid-even-my-sister-could-understand answers. I missed out this totally small working leading to the answer that anyone in their right mind could understand and they docked my marks. Honestly, I feel as if I'm being taught to be stupid, as one of my teachers once kindly put it. Wise words indeed. On the other hand, I'm totally freaked out about English. I know. I must have sunk quite low to worry about English. But I want my HD. It kills me that the one subject I thought I was good at and actually thought I could do well in prove that I'm not all that. For the record, I don''t think I'm all that. Just better than my current state.

Then there's this thing called SPM results. Truthfully, I do not feel anything at the moment. Not happy or worried or whatever people in my situation are supposed to be feeling. I have friends who say they probably won't get good shuteye till the day actually comes. One even said he/she will probably miss college for the whole day to go and collect the results. He/she has plans to celebrate his/her results I reckon. I sincerely hope I'll be able to join you. A part of me wants to bury it forever and never knowing how I fared yet another part frankly, is dying to know how well/badly I did. Actually I just hope it was good. BUT the day the results come out somewhat clashes with my finals. To take or not to take my results? That is the question. If I did as well as my expectations, I will continue with my finals in a totally euphoric state. The possibility of missing out on a HD may not even dampen my mood. If it doesn't turn out well, I'll just start writing a long apology letter to my almost bright future. I'll even throw in a few teardrops for good measure. I'm not being pessimistic. I'm just being real.

Oh it doesn't stop there. Driving test. I do not, I repeat, do not want to fail this. My instructor thinks I'll be ready. I still can't do my slope correctly. He'll probably cry when he sees me rolling back on the slope. I want more confidence. I think I'll pay any price for that. I'll buy some for my presentation as well.

If your eyes have reached this point, I seriously hope you did not waste any precious time reading this. I just wanted to share some 'joy'. Heh.

Have a happier day to all reading this.

18 gave their two cents:

Friends forever said...

hey..ur cousin sis here...daphne...well..u sound really depressed...i thought u already went for ladies night...chiil la....btw...wad the heck is HD????

Anonymous said...

SARA!! we r SO in the SAME BOAT. those are like wat i'm worrying right now man.. especially presentation!!! mine is on Monday! OMG! but i think ur group presentation would be ok and well prepared lah..compared to my group.. we only start doing(like doing doing) on Monday!! i'm NOT tat concern anymore bout SPM results cuz is like a few more weeks to come AND I AM FREAKIKNG SICK OF WORRYING BOUT MY SPM RESULTS FOR 3MONTHS! =D aiyoh,after our paper only collect lah..still got time right?!? as long dun pass office time can adi right?!?! i might just collect it after our finals so my mood wont b affected for our second paper lah. CUZ I AM DEFINITELY GETTING ONLY 1 A =(

Sara said...

Daphne: Hey! Wow this is the 1st time you actually commented. AND you never told me you had a blog. What la you. Hahah. Anyway, lady's night was not all thaqt la. I was tired that night as well. A HD is short form for higher distinction dear.

Ade: Ditto. I guess we can only pray for the best. Eh I got a friend say that results might come out on the 13th. Aih.

Friends forever said...

yeah...im suprise i actually comment on ur blog..usually i jus read then leave...hahahah..din think u would be interested in my blog...still got a lot to learn in handling my blog...so wad does HD means???i know its higher distinction...but wad does it do???

Anonymous said...

yeah.. cuz they say is most likely to be on the 12th only mar.. my fren say might can b on 18th also one wor..dun know lah..is better if it's after our final lah!! but in any way,i'm NOT going with u guys together to collect the results..NO MATTER HOW BAD U BUG ME SARA! i wont go!! i think is THE BEST to collect it alone..=D then like tat,nobody will force me to show my results on tat day..ehehhe.. 1A only mar, nothing to show off lah!

Friends forever said...

aiyo....ade why so no confidence wan...mayb u can score very high leh...dun so no confidence....believe in urself...u can do it wan...

Sara said...

HD is a grade in my course. Its like an A to you. So id I get a D in coll now, it means distinction. Not donkey. Yeah go bug Adeline for me. When she gets 9 A's at least, you punch her for me ya. I don't do violence.

Adeline: Listen to Daphne. Hehe

Anonymous said...

hey sara! chill gurl, i know u will get thru this situation easily!! always think on d bright n positive side.. rmbr, positive attitude always make things easier for u.. aiya, dont worry bout ur spm results, im sure u'll get a great result!! i dont even giv a damn bout my spm results cuz i know it wont b as great as urs since i did badly..hehe .. hope 2 see u soon! :)

Sara said...

Aliah: Yeah don't worry. I'm not thinking about SPm results at the moment. I HOPE to get good results. Eh, please la Aliah. You are like THE most rajin person. started studying even before I thought of studying. i think I need to change. Hehheheh. Wanna take results together? I neeeeeed moral support.

Anonymous said...

Aliah, u ask ppl to think positive u urself think negative..apalah budak ni?!?!?!!? ish!! n yeah,u like some gila babi rajin person lah!

Daphne, DEAL. if i get at least9A's, punch me! if not,u kiss ME!!! i dun mind!! at least i get a kiss from someone for getting such LOW results lah..

Sara, no way anyone can manage to bug me lah.u know how stubborn am i one right?!?! like a donkey! unless u call Micky Baby to ask me to go lah.then i go with u guys! haha..oh ya! Miss Shalini said if the results confirm out on 12th March, our exam will b postponed..but now they aledi changed our exam time..

Sara said...

Lets turn this comment box into a chatroom :)
I WILL bug bug you. Changed time already out paper?Till when la?

Anonymous said...

i will punch u ade but not kiss u....btw...whose Micky Baby???

Daphne

Anonymous said...

no no.. sara say if i GET at least 9As hor,U punch me..so means if i get lesser than 9A u HAVE TO kiss me!! but seriously lah,if i get at least 9As(which is impossible la) i really let u punch me! i promise u!! really!!!! but now..i dun think i can even get more than 1A,GET READY TO KISS ME ON THE CHEECK!!! (how come i feel so excited over a girl that is gonna kiss me?!?! OMG!! i turn les ar?!?! =D )

Sara said...

Adeline, you will definitely get more than 1A la. Don't make me smack you...

Anonymous said...

u sure get more than 1A la....u better get it...i dun wanna kiss u la...ewww....dun go les la....who is Micky Baby????

Wern Ching said...

don't give up sara!!! kambatek...good luck for your exams, and you're sure gonna get straight A1s leh, you so hardworking plus smart...gawd...lol..=P

Wern Ching said...

elo, i got a new blog, nothing much in it now really, but really hope you all would leave some comments in there...
lol...
http://dreamangel89.blogspot.com

thank u thank u

Sara said...

Hey Wern Ching. Thanks for dropping by!..Hope to see you soon.

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger