Here You Go

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Well, here I am once again ready to write about things of the top of my head because I am the type of person that really doesn't plan what to write in advance anyway. Even for academic essays, I'm always spontaneous. Thats why I still thank God and count my lucky stars I managed to score that high band for IELTS.


I've officially moved in to the new place. Yup, after that almost 2 weeks of house hunting from abroad and here in the land down under, stress, anxiety, panic, lack of sleep, packing, etc etc etc, I've found the new place. At a cost of course. But feels good to have my own room once again. And an en-suite bathroom. The rent is over budget but haih. Desperate la. Pictures will be uploaded in due time. I need to clean up and attempt to make my room have an appearance of being worthy of my mum's 5 star rating. Which will probably take me the entire year. If not more. Heh.

Moving has been though. I concede.

But in all honesty, leaving home the 2nd time around was even harder. The first time was because I was excited to leave home. I really was. I didn't feel it then. Being independent is a nice feeling actually. I knew as soon as I got here it would get better. But leaving, thinking of leaving, waiting to get to the airport was hard. Of course it didn't help that I had not yet found a place to live and then my visa gave me a few problems as well because I had to update my passport.

But I'm thinking now that I just felt I did not spend much time with the family and friends this hols because I was busy working. But please don't get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed myself at work. Of course waking up at 6 am could be a something to whine about. But I won't. I'm seriously the luckiest intern ever. Kudos to my extremely nice bosses and work colleagues. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I even got a farewell lunch from big boss, small boss, all the bosses AND PRESENT. It's the prettiest pen you have ever seen loooor. I'm pretty sure I'm just a little spoiled, wanting to have the best of both worlds. *wanted to insert a picture here but refused to put one of miley cyrus because I don't want to/ like her voice but can't find other pictures*

This is the first time I ever felt like I missed home before I left it. But I'm here now. New year, new sem. Stop whining, Sara Kang. And as much as I miss home, I'm beginning to feel like Melbourne is once again growing on me. Being independent sure is a full time job. I miss mummy's pampering.

Classes have started and I'm back to running between them. Honestly, I BETTER lose some weight this year. I wanna look good in my graduation pictures OKAY. And keeping busy helps forget about missing home. Friends, I love you <3

Till next time,
Sara

0 gave their two cents:

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger