Monday, April 16, 2007

I love being random. If you hate it, then leave. No one is stopping you.

1) I am a klutz. I make the most klutzy person look graceful.

Reasons to justify my reasoning :

a) Now that I've moved to a condo, I have to walk considerably more than usual than when I was living in a house. To my unit I mean. Sometimes I have to walk from the guard house even, well, just because I can't drive up the slopes to the car park yet. ANYWAY, there are many, MANY pillars on the way to the lift in my building. So sometimes, I just don't feel like looking at the guards that constantly roam my building. You understand. So I would walk with my head bowed down until I reach the lifts. I notice them huge pillars a mile away though. Who wouldn't? Yes, as blind as I am I can still see them. Heck, I live here. So.. I walk, and walk, and walk. AND almost bang my head against the pillar. Seriously, you'd think a girl would have noticed she was walking head on into a pillar that was far from transparent. You haven't seen me. OH. This has hapenned so many times, I am still shocked that I haven't knocked my head once. Yes, I always stop 2 cm away from the pillar. Look up at it as if noticing it for the first time, shake my head AGAIN at my stupidity, and walk around it.

b) Tired of almost walking into pillars, I walk at the other side of the road to the lifts sometimes. I guess me being klutzy is inborn. If its not pillars I'm walking into, its dustbins and benches. Makes it even worse when I can OBVIOUSLY see the dustbin when I walk with my head bowed down. As height deprived as I am. Just so you know, I walk with my head bowed down sometimes not because I don't want to smile at the guards. There's this thing called the sun?

c) I trip ever so often. When I enter a new place to eat persay. I'd be walking with my friends and whoopsss. Some will even be walking in front of me and I'll see them step up the curb or step. Yet, when its my turn, I go blind and almost trip. Most of the time, I won't look at where I am going and end up tripping because I didn't see a small step going down. And I don't recover quick enough to make it seem as if I had purposely intended to miss that step. Or walk into it for the millionth time. On the contrary, I make one hell of a commotion.

d) I love my heels. When you are vertically challenged, you can't help but love 'em. I can walk in them at least. I think I've done okay so far considering my history. BUT. Yeah, theres always a but. I still can't manage walking up steps in heels. Please don't ask why. The end of my heels hate me for some reason. They just refuse to be on the steps I'm walking up. So, I ONLY walk near the railings. That way, when the end of my heels miss the step they are supposed to be on, I can hang on for dear life to the railings. Eh, sometimes the steps are tiny okay. A very good example? Go to TBS. Yeah, my feet are small. And I find the steps there small. Its a wonder I haven't done worse harm to myself other than miss a the occasional step and trip with my super heavy books.

e) I walk into people a lot. Not on purpose okay. I just like to walk backwards sometimes. And obviously I don't look if there are people behind me. So yeah. I am sorry if I stepped on your precious shoes. Or hit your arm. Or just plain make you stumble. For the record, I do apologize profusely.

f) I bump into things. Doors, tables, chairs, mirrors, cupboards, etc. This needs no embarrassing explanation.

2) I am a picky egg eater.

YES, I like my eggs well cooked. NO, I don't like 'em to be half cooked. I don't like them stuffed into my paus and curry puffs. I don't fancy egg sandwiches either. I still do not understand why some people can like that. I love the yolk and not the white. But I will still eat the white if I have no choice. I don't like eating hard boiled eggs. I love them fried. Omelettes are good too.

3) I am blind at times. Not literally.

YES, I am vain. So what if I don't like to wear my specs? So what if I can't see that hot guy standing at the other end of the road? There are plenty more out there. Besides, I just like to look at them, give them the once over and then forget about them. I don't stalk them ;) Neither do I think about them.

4) I am a business student. And I am enjoying it.

Person 1 : So what are you studying now?
Sara : I am doing a business foundation *smiles*
Person 1 : OH. I thought you would be doing a science course. So 'smart'. *gives me a totally disinterested look*
Sara : *Sheeeesh. So what? Do you think I am stupid now?*

Person 2 : So what are you studying now?
Sara : I am doing a business foundation *smiles*
Person 2 : Oh. * gives me the look. She ain't that bright la...*
Sara : * I caught that look*
Person 2 : (changes the subject)
Sara : * probably thinks I can't handle discussing my future since I am only a business student*

Person 3 : So what are you studying now?
Sara : I am doing a business foundation *smiles*
Person 3 : What?! WHY??!! You were a science student!! So smart why do business? Wasted only your science subjects in secondary school.
Sara : Oh, cause I don't think I am very interested in science .*why must you emphasize on the word business like that?* *so if I do business means I am not smart already?*
Person 3 : You should do science la. Anyone can do business.
Sara : *internally rolling my eyes. If you haven't done it, don't act like you have*

Sometimes I just feel like asking them straight in their face if they think I am not smart because I am not doing a science course. So what if I am not studying about electrons or velocity? I choose not to study about electrolisis or the speed of sound. I choose not to study about microorganisms. I just don't have a lot of interest in it. I can't remember all that scientific terms. I enjoyed it during my high school years. But thats about it. I just don't see myself making a profession out of it. Sure, a business course is not as complex as a science course, but it doesn't mean I lack intellectual acuity. I know that. I would love to see the look on the faces of all those who doubted me when I make my first 6 figure salary. Better yet, I'm going to be a CEO :D

5) I wonder how motivators stay positive all the time.

I like giving people advice. I can't say the same for myself. I can't always see the bright side of everything. I can't live as I preach. And so I try not to always give people advice if I really don't believe what I am saying. How do motivators do it? Are they always so positive 24/7? Do they always see the silver lining in every bad thing? Is there always a silver lining in every bad incident?

6) I sometimes wish I had a big talent.

I know I am not musically inclined. I can't play the piano to save my life. Maybe I am a singer deep down :) HAHA. Ok. Stop laughing. I wish I had an interest in photography then. Or maybe as a painter! I could have been the next Picasso, Da Vinci, Raphael or Michelangelo!

7) I sometimes wish I had a great interest in something.

If I can't do it, I wish I could appreciate it. Like the arts for example. I wish I could just look at a painting and tell you something significant about it or the painter. Like if he cut off his ear or something. Heck, I wish I could just identify the paintitng and the painter. I find the arts interesting but I just can't remember it after some time. I have always been interested in Greek Mythology. But I can't remember all the stories I've read about after a while. Aih.

8) I want to be interested in history.

If I were, studying for it wouldn't be so darn boring. I kind of like Egyptian history. Then again, I can't remember much about it. Sorry, Malaysian history just does not interest me. Call me unpatriotic, I couldn't care less.

9) I have no respect for beggars. Period.

I look at them and think " They can work for a decent leaving". They are old. So what? I've seen many old people out in the streets making an honest albeit poor living. I have more respect for the old lady who goes around selling cakes then I do for beggars. Its a different story if they are handicapped. I somehow feel sorry for them. But come on. The beggars I see are smoking. They loiter outside the church in hopes that we will give them some money because we feel sorry for them. They are so poor yet they can afford to smoke? Makes me sick.

5 gave their two cents:

Anonymous said...

OH sara!! u just made me "feel" graceful!! =) although i can be even MORE horrible of being a klutz lar.ask drey. she remembers my embarrassing moments. agree with the steps thing. and sara,fyi,if u know ur heels will get stuck at the end,tip toe lar!i know is embarrassing,but better than 'ooppss,stopping half way and pull ur heels up' right?!?! me and drey struggle with this for many yearSSS=( but NWY. i'm agreeing with everything u say! i'm like nodding my head all the way from beginning to top except the hot guy part!=)
n oh yeah,i hate when ppl do that 'oh,cheh,business foundation student' look. and yeah,u r smart.business? heh. kang!we will become rich together k??!?! =) since i'm planning to do finance now? haha. my church leader say got money one lerr..hehe..not planning to b an accountant after my 2nd lecture tutorial! =)

Janus995 said...

What's with all these people disrespecting the business field? I strongly believe that one would be successful if he or she pursues their own interests. When there is no interest, there is no motivation and everything just won't work. Some people can be so ignorant. Sigh.

Whether there is always a bright side on everything, that is not important. The most important thing is how we respond and look at everything. When we see things as beautiful, the world become beautiful. People are what matters.

Sara said...

Ade: Haha. Yes we become rich together! I can walk up la in heels. Sometimes tip toeing makes me look weird :(

Cheeps: Thanks cheeps :) I guess you ain't one of them peeps who think they're all that when they do a science course :( Its hard being positive all the time. It is.

Wern Ching said...

shouldn't care what other ppl say about the business course, omgwad, cause later u would make lots of money *kachingg kachingg* $$, unlike science, you need to harvest and harvest and can't enjoy life for like maybe the first 10 years XD. i have a fren like you who took up arts at alevels, and in the bginning, she's kinda worried wat would ppl think of her as an arts student, like wat u said *not that smart* bla bla bla, loads of crap really...XD anyway, do what you know is the best for you. XD
i talk too much man XD ahahah

Sara said...

WC : Yeah thanks for the vote of confidence. Haha. Yeah I plan to make BIG bucks :D. Haha.

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger