Bimbo post....And yet not so bimbotic after all.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Oh my gaaadddddd. (Courtesy of Heng Heng)


My face doesn't look so good right now :( In fact it looks HORRIBLE :( :( :(


Sigh. And I wanna take pictures tomorrow. And I'm not too handy with concealer and all that jazz. I'm learning though :)


Okla. Shopping for clothes and heels makes me oh so happy. Its like a remedy to counter a bad complexion day :)


p/s: I don't mean to say Heng's signature phrase is bimbotic though. I just think its cute and relevant to this :)


*

One Life Revolution

One Life Revolution (OLR) is a unique walk through experiential exhibit and the 1st time held in Malaysia. One Life Revolution is an interactive experience that lets people "walk in the shoes" of others who have suffered the plight of social injustice. The life-size exhibit gives people the opportunity to have a direct encounter of someone else's life as they struggle to cope with HIV/AIDS and living in harsh conditionsprone to child trafficking.


The OLR was originally birth by World Vision US in 2005 and due to the overwhelming response, World Vision offices outside the United Stateshave mounted and/or are mounting similar OLR exhibitions in their respective countries : - Canada, New Zealand, Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore and Malaysia.


OLR is basically a public awareness and advocacy campaign. The exhibit aims to raise awareness, among Malaysians, of the plight of children affected by HIV/AIDS and child trafficking. It is hoped that having "walked in the shoes" of the children featured, visitors would develop a sense of compassion and be challenged to help those affected in various capacities.
- Source: forwarded email.


I'm volunteering for this campaign. Simple jobs like ushering. Because I do have this feeling that I can make a difference even if I am only contributing my time :) Do come and visit it if you can, though I doubt many of you will since its in Monash campus and its during college hours. I'll be volunteering in Monash on 5th March.


But they have an exhibition in Mid Valley.
Date: 15th till the 16th of March.
Time: 10 am - 10pm.
Do try to visit it :D Admission is free ;) It only takes a few minutes of your time to change your perspective on life.


2 gave their two cents:

Anonymous said...

haha. thanks for putting my name in ur post. so nice and sweet of you. when we meet up, got something nd to tell you before u hear it from someone else.

hahah. i would go ur monash thingy if i got no class/got transport. cuz then u HAVE to usher me :)

Sara said...

If i got car also I usher you la :(

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger