Ang Pows and Yee Sang

Sunday, February 10, 2008

You know (you probably don't), I never really loved CNY. I mean, mum tells me all these stories bout how they used to wait all year to collect ang pows, the good food and new clothes they receive for CNY.


Since I get an allowance, get good food and clothes all year round, I never really saw whats so great about CNY. Kids these days are sooo spoiled :)


Oh wait. I love collecting ang pows :) And Yee Sang :D


But really, thats about it. I hate CNY shopping. I mean the amount of people shoving around for clothes and throwing them on the floor (wait, I guess all shopping is like that) is absurd. You'd think they never saw clothes in their life. No matter. I like shopping when there is a HUGE sale and no one is there but me. Unrealistic, but if I become famous enough, people will close their shops for me. Some day.


I hate the hike in prices on almost every food item. I hated the long jams on the road when I used to travel back to Penang. Don't get me wrong, I loved to visit my grandma (maybe love is to strong a word. LIKED. Sounds better) but we never spoke more than 10 words before. Language barrier. Bet she understands me now :) Anyway, I don't travel back during CNY.


I don't like all the chinese music that radio stations and departmental stores feel the obligation to blare during this season. Horrible person right? But thats just how I feel.


So yeah, basically all I like bout CNY are the ang pows and yee sang.

p.s : Invite me for gambling :)

4 gave their two cents:

Anonymous said...

YES. U R SPOILED. very. but I think we should shop when there's huge sales instead for CNY sales. Cuz some of them deliberately set the price higher one and they call it sales! :(

Errr kang... when theres HUGE sale, evione will be there?haha. so it'll be you and everyone! :)

I hate those terrrible chinese songs alsooo!I finally found someone that hates it! :)

Sara said...

I am spoiled in certain aspects. Like I can't go camping cause i won't be able to survive in the jungle with no light and necessities. but other than that I think I am quite OK ;)

Yes Heng. In MY world got nobody go shopping during sales :)
Teehee. Yeah. I really dont like them songs :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha.nope.i think u r spoiled in EVERY aspect. hahahaha. kang. remind me to tell you something funny bout your ex classmate.

hahaha. i know. ur world also hv only andre :(

Sara said...

I think the whole world is in love with him la. Except me. Because hor, YOU especially always think of him. Sigh. you lead a sad life when all you think about is teasing me with him :(

ps: I am not THAT spoiled. If I am, name me ALL the aspects. if I were I prolly won't even be talking to you right?

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger