Did Ya Miss Me?

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Probably didn't know I was gone right?
No matter. I didn't tell the whole world anyway :)

I was in Kuching, Sarawak since Saturday. It was just a short holiday with a big group of my relatives and close friends of my parents. Just got back today. Living without the internet was manageable for a few days but I was beginning to yearn for it. The hotel required you to spend 40 bucks for a broadband card to use their internet facilities. Cheapskates. And they call themselves a 5 star hotel.

ANYWAY.. That was about the only downside of this trip. We stayed at Damai Beach Resort which is under the Holiday Inn group. We requested a seaside view.


We did go on tour in those few days. We visited some orang utans in the Semenggoh Wildlife Centre.


Say helloooo to George. When I first heard his name, it reminded me of this guy who migrated to US or UK already. We met in primary school but we weren't close. I doubt we uttered more than 20 words to each other. He probably doesn't remember me :( We didn't talk much anyway.

We went jungle trekking in Bako National Park. I'm just not made for the outdoors. Seriously. But since we already paid for it... The path was not easy okay. Do I look like I am built for these kind of escapades?



LOOK at those steps. I tell you, its a miracle I survived. I didn't exactly come prepared for this hike okay. I had to go through THAT in THESE.


Flip flops! And they weren't even mine :( I felt so bad about dirtying them. Sorry!!. BUT I made it. The whole way. Through all those icky icky things and slime. Those pictures I posted are the easy parts of the trail. I couldn't take pictures during the parts when I had to really watch where I was going or risk falling into some humongous hole. I AM strong. Here me roar :)

We visited the Sarawak Museum as well. Cameras weren't permitted inside. God knows why. I am promoting them you know when I post up these pics. They should thank me. They had all these cultural stuff and some really random stuff like the skeletal remains of a whale. I still don't believe those bones were real. I can't remember much. I was more taken by all the head hunting history :)

If I wanna stick out my tongue and do THIS at the same time, I WILL!

We visited a cat museum obviously. Well, it is Kuching after all. Might as well milk its name for all its worth.
Tried my hand at pottery. I made a pretty darn good almost top of a vase:)

Although I enjoyed my stay here, I don't think I could live here permanently. Its a nice place, Kuching. But there really isn't much entertainment for the locals here. There is only ONE cinema in the whole of Kuching. ONE cinema for a population of 2.2 million. I couldn't believe it. The biggest shopping complex is 5 times smaller than Summit. And the shops there... needs no explaining.

The lone cineplex.


This little chap here was born with a gold spoon in his mouth. My cousins are rich. Enough said. The whole family dotes upon him every second of the day. The guy is wearing clothes from Guess, Esprit and Nike. He wears Adidas sport shoes, Quiksilver slippers and Crocs. Whatever happened to Kiki Lala for kids? The next time I see him, I won't be surprised to see him in Armani or Gucci.

Btw, try out the Envy Me fragrance by Gucci. It was love at first smell I tell you.

Currently hooked on Thanks For The Memories by Fall Out Boy and Nothing Good About Goodbye by Hinder.

8 gave their two cents:

Wern Ching said...

nowander lah, u didn't blog for a few days...wonder what were you doing..ahaha XD ooh...nice man, looks like u had a great time there, so good. XD i went to sarawak b4 for my primary 6 school trip...XD

Anonymous said...

YA I KNOW u freakin DIDNT TELL ME BUT U freakin TOLD GERMAE HOR?!?!?!!! *stares* U DUN HV TO TELL TO THE WHOLE WORLD BUT U CAN AT LEAST TELL UR CLOSE FRENS RIGHT?!!??!?!?! ugh. YOU ARE SO NICE SARA. I "LOVE" YOU. *roll eyes* UGH! but glad u hv a wonderful time nwys..

Sara said...

WC : yeah. it was fun. But no shopping lar..

Heng : Sorrrryyyy! I didn't mean to not tell people. it was a last minute trip la. Besides I didn't think it was a big deal. I missed you!! You still love me right? :(

Wern Ching said...

calm down adeline...-_-"
sara: cuz she missed you loh, and don't forget, i missed you too...aahaahh XD

Sara said...

Listen to WC. :)

Anonymous said...

wat u mean u didnt mean to tell people?!?!?! germae phua shih may not human ar?!?!?!?!?! she's wat?!?!? animal ar?!?!?! ish.

WC: i miss who!?!??! sara?!?!?! *bluek* i totally forgot bout her. i'm TOO occupied with my life!! HMPH! =P

Sara said...

Aiyoh. I told you lo I happened to meet Mae and Kerry for break mah. It just came out in our convo. No biggie. See, you didn't even miss me what. I know your life very happening la. no more time for us:(

Anonymous said...

well at first i was wondering where were you lar on friday lecture one. then GEr told me u went sarawak. so i dun miss u adi loh. cuz u didnt even bother to tell me. ya,i know it came out,but y didnt it came out when we r talking??!?!?!?!?!

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger