Reminiscence

Monday, May 07, 2007

Well I miss Mayberry
Sitting on the porch drinking ice cold Cherry Coke
Where everything is black & white
Picking on a Six String
Where people pass by and you call them by their first name
Watching the clouds roll by
bye bye
*
It's been some time. I was suddenly hit with an unexpected wave of nostalgia today.

I had the urge to learn Chemistry and Additional Maths again. Physics even. Reminiscing with some of my college mates today since they, too, were science students just brought back so many great memories of high school life. For all my complains about the subjects I greatly disliked in school to the teachers, I really would not trade my high school memories for anything. I really don't know why I was suddenly thinking about high school so much. Maybe after going back there on Saturday and having some nice chats with old friends and teachers triggered something. In a good way. Laugh all you want but I missed high school so much for a moment there that I actually felt like crying. It would have been so embarrassing if I had just suddenly burst out crying for no reason today :(

Then I came home from college and turned on my lappy. Unknowingly, songs I were addicted to last year started playing. I didn't even realise just how much I had missed them because I hadn't listened to them in a while. They just brought back times of laughter with my babes. I miss all of them now. Was hit with another wave of nostalgia. God, I miss all my ex-classmates now.
*
When the rain falls
It’s like heaven’s crying
When the name’s all
The difference that there is
Cause tears are
The same when they are trying to grow something good
Out of all the pain
There’s no difference between the teardrops and the rain.

4 gave their two cents:

Anonymous said...

eh??!?!?! u miss school??!?!?!? EEWWWW!! i so DO NOT miss school. i only miss 5science1 peeps. tats all!! i dun miss the food,neutral bout the teachers =), i dun miss the facilities and of course,i do not miss the toilet. as wat cheeps said,there is the worst place to shit. taylors offer better place to shit and pee too,of course. =)

NOW U ONLY REALLY MISSS UR EX-CLASSMATES AR?!?!? oh gosh!! *faints*

Sara said...

YEAH. I miss it. Not the toilets though. Food also not really la. Cause now we got choices mah. I got miss our ex-classmates la. I just don't miss them 24/7. I don't always think of them mah. But at that moment I was just hit with this huge feeling of nostlgia.

Janus995 said...

food was much cheaper in school canteen.

:(

Sara said...

True :) But now we get much mcuh more choices! And we learn money management :) The pinch I felt at the beginning is fading..

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger