Memoirs Of A Geisha

Saturday, December 10, 2005

This is a good book.Seriously.I admit that I only started reading it when I heard the movie was coming out sometime in January.Seeing as the book was entertaining enough, I can't wasit to watch the movie.

The story is about a young girl named Chiyo who was born in a fishing village.It tells of her life as she grows up to be a famous geisha named Sayuri.The book really goes into detail on how she was sold into slavery in the 1930's , how she was tormented by the geisha Hatsumomu and how she with all the ordeals of becoming a geisha.Entertaining and a good read.

2 gave their two cents:

Anonymous said...

Lo Andre!!Forgive me for my ignorance,but what's a geisha? Nice blog anyway.It's nOt too girLy oR sparkLy.

Sara said...

hey joyceee!!Wow time never see you liao...on my blog la at least...Don't so stree la over what course to choose k?

Oh a geisha is like a japanese sort of entertainer.But she entertains men only la.Not as in a prostitute kind of way though.Read the book its not half bad!

p.s.=theanks for the compliment.heh

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger