The Purpose Driven Life

Friday, December 02, 2005

What on earth am I here for?

Those were the words that really got my attention when I picked up The Purpose Driven Life...Yeah so even though I heard of the book way before I even laid eyes on it, it never really struck me as a book I would like to read.Oh how utterly wrong I was.My cousin loaned it to me a couple of months back and it was just sitting on my desk till I recently decided that it was time to go on my 40 day spiritual journey with the Lord. That and the fact that I was being lazy of course to read the book.Just hope my cousin doesn't kill me for taking it for so long!Love ya loads girl!


So anyway I started today and I suppose I would be making regular posts on what today's lesson is and so on for 40 days I guess...I won't go into too much detail in case you want to read the book in the future and therefore I would only be spoiling it for you..=D

Day 1: It All Starts With God

The purpose of our lives is not about ourselves.It is about God.We were born by his purpose and for his purpose.It does make sense after a while I guess.We didn't create ourselves so who are we to tell ourselves what to do?Our purpose in life should be about what GOD wants us to do.To discover our purpose in life, the easiest way is simply to ask GOD.God has not left us to wonder in the dark.He gave us the Bible and only through HIS WORD will you discover your purpose in life.

(From the book)
DAY ONE
THINKING ABOUT MY PURPOSE

Point to ponder: It's not about me.

Verse to Remember: "Everything got started in him ad finds it's purpose in him." Colossians 1:16b

Question to Ponder: In spite of all the advertising around me,how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?

(Other quotes I found very meaningful...)

  • Focusing on ourselves will never reveal our lives purpose.
  • You were made by God and for God-and until you understand that, life will never make sense.
  • "For everything, absolutely everything above and below, visible and invisible,....everything got started with him and finds it's purpose in him." Colossians 1:16

1 gave their two cents:

Anonymous said...

hey,good book..yeah,i heard of the book b4..the one i got,is not a book,some small lil pouch,is 4 daily meditation..evryday,1 memory verse..but memorize it,after exam,some of it seems 2 b gone..i brush it all up again..sigh..

 
Musings Of My Kind - by Templates para novo blogger